Home Funeral ResourcesEducational, inspirational and practical tools for creating healing and honoring the passage of our loved ones. Click here to view a free summary document we have compiled on home funeral care.
Links to Related Sites & Crossings Care Groups
Directories and Listings
- To join our listserv (a discussion group over email), please follow this link
- List of Home Funeral Guides Across the Country: www.homefuneraldirectory.com
- List of latest Green Burial Sites from Grave Matters Blog
- Forest of Memories (for a listing of green burial sites in the USA): www.forestofmemories.org
- The Funeral Site: www.thefuneralsite.com
Advocacy and Education
- Grave Matters has a weekly blog on home funeral/green burial matters: www.gravematters.us
- Full Life, Good Death fulllifegooddeath.blogspot.com
- Funeral Ethics Organization: www.funeralethics.org
- Funeral Consumers Alliance: www.funerals.org
- The Green Burial Council: www.greenburialcouncil.org
- Final Passages: www.finalpassages.org
- Natural Transitions: www.naturaltransitions.org
- Bury me Naturally: www.ncnaturalburial.com
- Final Footprint: www.finalfootprint.com
- Nancy Poer's Writing Whitefeather2014.wordpress.com
Coffins, Shrouds, Urns, and Providers:
- A Fine Farewell: www.afinefarewell.com
- Blue Light Coffins: www.bluelightcoffins.com
- The Natural Burial Company: www.naturalburialcompany.com
- New England Burials At Sea: www.newenglandburialsatsea.com
- Shine on Brightly: www.shineonbrightly.com
- Sustainably Harvested Pine Caskets: www.greencasket.net
Videos and Radio
Videos and Radio Interviews on Crossings and Home Funerals
"The Case for Home Funeral Care," an interview with Beth Knox from Crossings, from Maryland Morning (WYPR, Baltimore Maryland's NPR station), on May 19, 2010.
In the News
Compost Me please, An educational article on disposition and a persuasive argument for traditional or green burial.
Listen to "The Case for Home Funeral Care," an interview with Beth Knox from Crossings, from Maryland Morning (WYPR, Baltimore Maryland's NPR station), on May 19, 2010.
"Nonprofit offers resources for eco-friendly funerals," from the October 2009 Takoma Voice.
"The Surprising Satisfaction of a Home Funeral," an article from the March 2009 Smithsonian Magazine that features Crossings.
Greening Your Final Arrangements, a recent article from Green America Magazine.
Watch "Home Funerals, Tending to Their own," a video from UPI News that features Beth Knox of Crossings, from October 29, 2008.
Here's a link to a recent story from "Seven Days", a Vermont Newsweekly, in connection with our recent workshop in Shelburne, VT.
The Washington Post had a front page article (June 5, 2005) on the work of Crossings with stories of several families in the Washington area helped by us. Here is the link.
Another useful article from the Boulder Weekly archive. Please feel free to contact us for further information.
To join our listserv, please follow this link